Here is the story from Rail Express, New CEO of Sydney trains Howard Collins:
London Underground boss to run Sydney Trains
As part of it plans to reform passenger rail services in New South Wales, the state government has announced the appointment of London Underground chief operating officer, Howard Collins as the CEO of Sydney Trains.
Collins will be tasked with delivering a customer-first culture, which Berejiklian said will ensure Sydney’s trains are as safe as possible and will deliver better value for money for taxpayers – the objectives that are set out in the government’s Fixing the Trains reforms.
“Sydney is a world class city and I am looking forward to working with the NSW Government to deliver a world class rail system,” he said.
- Be managed by dedicated regional customer service management teams.
- Improve the quality and amenity of trains, stations and passenger information.
- Be strongly focused on ensuring local customer needs are met.
- Be focused on running intercity and regional passenger trains, regional coaches and stations.
- Have a permanent presence within the Rail Management Centre to advocate for intercity and regional services and ensure they receive adequate network priority to reduce late running and delays.