Thursday, August 15, 2013
We Are Invited To Blacktown City Council Public Transport Forum in September 2013
We are excited in being invited to a Public Transport Forum, which is organised by Blacktown City Council and has been since 2000 - Both Angela Plows (President MDCIG Inc) and my self have been invited.
We will represent Mount Druitt at this public transport forum to seek improvements in public transport for the future using modern technologies, that are available and for future plans to accommodate increase in use of public transport.
Here is the invitation:
The Public Transport Forum was established in July 2000 in response to the need to have an ongoing structure through which public transport improvements in the Blacktown City Local Government Area can be co-operatively and effectively achieved.
The Forum has the following key objectives:
· Act as a forum for exchange of information on local and state public transport matters between transport operators, community groups and relevant agencies.
· Identify and consider the needs of the community with regard to public transport services and facilities.
· Facilitate and encourage improvements to the level of public transport services.
· Provide information and encourage input on Council's forward planning and activities in relation to public transport issues.
· Initiate and facilitate projects as recommended by the forum and approved by Council. Sub groups be formed to deal with more complex issues that will require additional research and investigation.
· With the assistance of Council, WSROC and any other supporting transport advocate group, lobby relevant authorities for alterations or amendments to Policy, Guidelines and Legislation (Federal Government, State Government, Local Government Association).
Council is inviting you to a meeting of the forum to be held .............. on Friday 20 September 2013.
SENIOR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT OFFICER
What would you like us to report to the Blacktown City Council Transport Forum? Please let us know!