Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Was Affected By The Bus Diversion Tonight? Were you?

Busways Driver 758 Bus Driver on or around 8.15pm, was advising how there are issues with community members throwing bottles on buses. Although I was standing I could not sit down on the bus.

The driver further advised that due crimes at Emerton on bus drivers on last Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday nights the 758 will not turn left into Woodstock - all buses will be diverted away from Emerton.
I felt like both my arms and legs had been cut off myself. I felt fenceless, weak and  a little upset. I felt what the community would feel once they found out the bad news!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for all the people that are effected by these diversions. Im a busdriver in this area & I have a family to go home to as well. I no my family worry when I drive through these areas at night. It's not a nice feeling knowing there are people out there trying to hurt me when all I am doing is working to put food on the table for my family. I feel like a siting duck in a easy target every night, its a joke. Im quite sure that if everyone had 1 member of there family that was a busdriver, this sensless trouble would stop!!!!!!

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.