Friday, June 10, 2011

More Great Commuters Speak Out!

A young lady who has moved from the country and lives in Mount Druitt has inspired myself to write a great blog about her wishes. (Well I think it is a great blog but you are all my critics)!

Jamie, who travels from Mount Druitt to Campbelltown via two trains - visiting her family and friends finds this an important transport improvement request that she thinks will not only benefit her but thousands of commuters who travel west-south  and also reverse as well. The idea to to have  a 'Y' link one trains service from Penrith to Liverpool (with an option to extend to Campbelltown based on popular patronage. This would also be encouraged for the return trip! My memory escapes on this, yet I remember many years ago there was the same 'Y' train that did go from Penrith to Liverpool and return and i think it was dropped for some reason - unless you can  correct me on this.

According to Jamie this commuting life much easier for all who want it. I have research and found a New South Wales Government link to the 'Y' Link:

Click here:
http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/la/qala.nsf/ad22cc96ba50555dca257051007aa5c8/ca25708400173f67ca2570820031adea?OpenDocument


No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.