Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bus Doors - What Happens If You Are Not Allowed Out And Can't Get Out

Last Saturday, I entered a Metro Bus from Rydalmere to Parramatta, form the Center Doors and as I entered the Bus Driver informed myself that is not for entering. And here i was thinking I knew almost every basic rule of public transport ( including buses) At my age, I am still learning.

Normally. some commuters would have a go at the driver, I explained I didn't know as I don't normally catch 'Metro buses' and apologised to him. My intuition told me that as soon as I leave the bus I will check out what he informed myself. So lo and behold he was right!

And last night first time in my life when I  was to depart of the bus at Woodstock Avenue & Karangi Streets Whalan, the bus tried to automatically open the doors yet it filed and he then said, 'We may need to ask for a bus transfer'! How would you feel if you were locked in a bus!

My thoughts were I hope not and he left his compartment and manually opened the front door for me - Wow imagine if being locked the bus for an hour or so, because of a malfunction!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.