Improvement Group Inc.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Our Groups Submission For The NSW long Term Transport Masterplan
Mount Druitt Commuters
Improvement Group Inc.
Improvement Group Inc.
Submission to Western Sydney Public Transport Users Inc to The NSW Long Term Transport Masterplan
· Full return of Busways 755 bus service to be returned from Mount Druitt to Blacktown prior to bus review change of 2009. Every second bus service went to Plumpton following through to Dean Park and then to Blacktown - here is Busways response to me - they are trying to move more people west when leaving people behind who want to go east of Mount Druitt for eg; Blacktown http://mountdruittcommuters.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/busways-do-not-want-to-provide-further.html Busways claims that commuters should take 2 bus services not one to Blacktown - do you think this is right?
· Full return of Busways 762 bus service from Mount Druitt to Chestnut Crescent Bidwill. Prior to reviewed and elimination of service which was connecting people in the north of Mount Druitt. In Easter there is 4 days in a row no bus services as they are based on Sunday time table services.
· Full return of Westbus 766/769 replacing current Westbus 674 bus along the west of Mount Druitt - not the shopper hopper service we have patronage has dramatically increased.
· We need bus services in very early mornings on weekends and late nights to cater for getting to State Government Sunday Fun Days, shift workers getting to work and families meeting families and having correct accessible transport
· We need Blacktown City Council to ensure that NSW For Transport - provides a high level of protection of policing on bus stops, interchanges, bus, trains and taxis and doesn't ignore this factor based on this area of Blacktown City Council being a low socio-economic area. This protection is provided directly for the safety of commuters and transport officers.
· We require policing of smokers in non-smoking areas and alcoholic areas for example; bus interchanges, taxi stands, train, stations and cycle ways, even if it is through Council Rangers (this especially affects the lives of non-smokers) and has been neglected for years.
· NSW for Transport Follow up with Blacktown City Council to the acceptance of a Mount Druitt Free Bus shuttle confirmed by Rudi Svarc, Blacktown City Council that Council has placed a recommendation to the Minister of Transport at the Blacktown City Council Transport Forum number 37 - http://mountdruittcommuters.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/great-blacktown-city-council-transport.html
· Since at the same Blacktown City Council Transport Forum where patronage has increased in Region 1 for buses - has our transport services catered for this increase of 6.5% and further increases.
· Blacktown City Council to focus on making more bus stops compliant to The 'Australian Human Rights Commission' Disability Discrimination Act 1992 ensuring bus operators complete there fulfilment as well. There should be no neglect on this issue and BCC's budget placed in right priorities to make public transport improved and better for commuters as per BCC Transport Forum Number 37.
· Follow up of request to have bus shuttles from all train stations within Blacktown LGA to take to Moreau reserve, Rooty Hill for the Rooty Hill firework - this alleviates traffic congestion. Approved by Mayor and other councillors. Other Council's in Western Sydney do it and other community, sporting and Blacktown City Council events.
· Due to noticeable increase of population since 2009 to 2012 in Mount Druitt, transport services should not go backwards and have services removed or cutting services as more people are commuting on public transport inclusive of bus services – thus moving forward more services should be provide to the demands of our increasing population, as there is a need for it.
· Ropes Crossing has there solution for bus service but this is not acceptable as this proposal is negatively affecting Willmot.
· Bus services should not be removed due to rock-throwing, missile throwing or any other anti-social issues - other preventative measures should be used to ensure continuing services and essential bus services should be returned back prior to bus review 2009 except for Willmot . Refer to our blog: http://mountdruittcommuters.blogspot.com.au
· We need bus services meeting community links in one bus service not 2 of them for example some community members can only travel to St Marys Swimming pool as opposed to 2 bus services to Emerton (much closer).
· Support for the North West rail link to continue under Schofields, Marsden Park and loop into St Marys.
· Construction of Dual Carriageway from St Marys to Penrith and also a third extra platform at Emu Plains, for terminating trains.
· Instead of three different time table for bus and trains, one time table to cover seven days a week – this will make all commuters aware of when their services arrive and leave, provide better weekend and late night services which shift workers to reach shift work, unemployed commuters a better chance of reach job interviews in weekends, families to reach promotional places for ‘Sunday Fundays’, commuters to reach other families and friends, and also commuter s to do heir shopping chores and return.
· On Bus Stops, and Interchanges (where there is multiple bus services listed) colour-coded Bus stop Numbers for time tables to make it easier to understand and comprehend.
· Bus ways 758 loop to the Masterplan as that service is every 15mins, early mornings, late night, and a good wk end service. That way most of Shalvey will get a bus back.
· The Myzone tickets supported excepted where Western Sydney Commuters have to pay for 3 zones when travelling into more than one or two zones – Zone 1 commuters only pay for correct zoning.
· Electronic signage at train stations and bus interchanges to indicate when services will depart. Also audio information on train, stations. Promotion of bus stop number as per NSW for Transport. Website 131500 also refer to the story on our blog: http://mountdruittcommuters.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/i-know- my-bus-stop-number-do-you-know_21.html