Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inaugural Meeting For Us This Saturday!

When we started S.O.B.S - I was nervous the day before- nervous of feeling like an outsider - people that met me in one day - taking full confidence in me - in leading the way! This is the 'Wow factor' with me! I only knew one person well ands that was Anne. I think she must have assured the others of the group of the kind of natured person I was.  The group just took off like a rocket and has since growing in numbers the excitement is there - transport is the way! I take my hat off to everyone in the group and the the whole community.


Now comes a change of direction,  a change of dealings, a change that will  give the people of Mount Druitt a voice in what improvements they want, in all facets of public transport. Each person's idea's will  be referred to the group meetings and we will look at the 'pros' and 'cons' and if it is successful we will refer it on to the relevant authorities to have it implemented, especially if it is a great improvement for the community.


So we will be meeting this Saturday, 19th February at Emmerton Leisure Centre, Emerton between 10.30-12.30pm  for our inaugural meeting. Contact us for further details - we hope to meet new members there interested in 'making a difference in public transport'!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.