Saturday, February 19, 2011

Congratulations to the NEW MDCIG Committee!!!!!

Firstly, I would like to thank the community members of Mount Druitt and suburbs that surround for electing me as the new President of Mount Druitt Commuters Improvement Group, today.

Although it was a unanimous decision that elected myself, I feel that the decision was made because I try to work hard for the public transport community. Yet, I myself do not consider I have done half as much as I want to do and yes I understand my role will be limited in time and will work within the community to promote goodness on all forms of transport for everyone. Life can be a burden for all of us, at all different times of life. For the community, I enjoy what I do and I not only enjoy for myself, for the benefit of others.

Yet the success received, yet alone should not just be acclaimed on myself it is for each any every public transport community member that is represented by me or the group. Our group is a wonderful patchwork of community members that represent different suburbs with different issues. And we may be stretching our wings to North St. Marys - further story to come!

Now to the rest of the elected Committee: -

Vice-President Angie Plows from Shalvey a hard campaigner for the return of Bus services in Sedgeman Crescent, Shalvey and  hard working lobbyist for the return of bus service to Blacktown - namely the return of the full service that was previously  the real Busways 755. Angie is the permanent member of the WSPTU Policy Committee, representing our group and is passionate of  having more accessible transport.

Honorary Secretary - Wayne Lu - young enthusiast that has designed brochures, cards, fliers and the anti rock throwing report - he was recruited by me and since enjoyed what he is doing whilst taking on further studies and has provided exceptional ideas to promote or enhance the group in positive ways - also has links with our members gaining sa strong community relationship. He also has ideas to assist the group in every way possible for the future. Wayne is from Whalan!

Hon. Treasurer - Allan Bourman  group representative from the Community meeting we had on 28/11/09 - He has shown loyalty and assisted at community fairs and shopping centre promotions - as well as promotions at our bus interchange - Although our bank balance is small - I'm sure he will be able to handle with the support from the  Committee and Group! Allan is from Blakckett and strong lobbyist for return of 755 and  Bidwill buses in his Sector.

Publicity Officer - Deb Robertson - Former fantastic secretary - is a great down to earth community member. Keeps politics out of the group and has been to see issues that residents have Residents in Marsden Park,  has been represented on a WSPTU Policy Committee last year, organise rallies, photo shoots  for the local press,as well as supplying well present reports of our group. Deb is from Shalvey and  a former Secretary of Shalvey Community Group.

Thank you to all elected members- all dedicated  and all well respected members of their communities! That makes my job easy - we will work hard to get there for the whole community.

Wayne is looking at issuing a newsletter with Agenda's as well as minutes to be presented to next meeting.
Another mention is Shane - who is working on  the archives of our group - providing a great presentation of historical articles that we have had - this can be presented to the meeting  to show newer members- this project needs a dedicated person to look after it. Also I have ask him to see if he can provide back to the group a report on where bus shelters are needed in the community: investigate crowded bus stop in a polite community manner!

Congratulations to all elected and to all who nominated the elected - all positions were unanimous and  chair by  Blacktown Councillor Jacqueline Donaldson. - also thank you to Jacqueline!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.