Thursday, September 6, 2012

Less Smoking In The Mount Druitt Bus Interchange!

Wow, I have been catching buses and trains to and from Mount Druitt for over twenty-two years and have never seen what I have seen today, before.

No I am not keeping it a secret from all of you and you may not realise what it is! This might give you a clue!


So what happened was, I was queuing at the Mount Druitt bus interchange and then there was three Police officers approaching a young gentleman that was smoking and he was instructed not to smoke and put out his cigarette.

I have not been a strong campaigner against anti-smoker but I and against passive smoking and even smoking!  There are clear anti-smoking signs and penalties advised!

I have spoken to Transport officer of Blacktown City Council about  imposing fines for a heath  lifestyle and will make the interchange a cleaner place, to wait for buses.

Now I believe we need more police patrolling  to rid smokers of polluting the bus interchange - it will be hard for commuters to not smoke at the interchange but that is life and will be a  better life for others! Maybe



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank god I don't catch any kind of public transport at least I can smoke in my own car

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.