Friday, December 3, 2010

Now We Have Taxis On Board!

As a volunteer group, we don't have the manpower and resources to do the hours and hours of paid work that other government departments, politicians or  transport businesses can do. Yet. in the spare time, we have, we do make up for this lost time, with researching and community discussions ( individually) and from group of  people to groups of other people.

One problem I do not have is talking. My wife Nirmala can vouch for this and I'm sure my work colleagues can vouch for this as well.If I was a quiet person - I wouldn't not have been typing up this blog today.

Coming to the main point - I took the next directional step in our group after getting the City Rail on board to get the N.S.W. Taxi Council on board - so that they one day, we can talk to the community without any worry and provide update information of how they can help the community and what can  we do as a community do to assist the drivers. I do have a few ideas but at this stage I will reserve them until the right moment. We are yet to talk to the direct community representative from the Taxi Council - yet I have met him at the Blacktown City Transport Forum and he seems to be a well respected representative from the Taxi Council .

All I know that at the right time taxis can be very reliable when needed. This mode of transport  you  do pay more for but that is because it is more private use of public transport, inside the taxi and less public in side the taxi as well.

When I first rang the Taxi Council office I spoke to Jinkee and she advised they don't talk to the  public unless they receive  an e-mail first. When she told me that I felt they provide a brick wall and then they decide if they will contact you!  After speaking to Christina one of their executives she then denied they work that way and was more than welcome to discuss our group and how the Taxi Council can work with us.

Once I have any communication with them that is of relevance, will be able to advise yourselves through our blog.

Here is their website for your information:
http://www.nswtaxi.org.au/

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.