Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Health And Safety Comes First For Busways Driver!

As I caught the Busways 758 around 8.30pm, I had a lucky break. That was, I reached the bus drivers door after the train arrived and walked for approximately three minutes to reached the bus interchange, she was ready to take off until she noticed me. I then had the door open and was abler to produce my ticket and then sit down. I had to sit down quickly as she took off immediately.


Then I noticed something I have never seen before with drivers and that she was wearing a white pair of gloves on her hands. Well you know me - I had to ask what was happening - so I did? She said she uses it fir health and safety as you don't know what commuters do with money before they pay! Meaning some people places notes and coins in mouths or it is dropped on bus floor or bus interchange grounds where there would be germs and potential health and sickness issues.


So I asked do other drivers do this - she blushed and said she is the only one doing this - maybe bus operaters could look at this as this is a health conscience bus driver worried about her health, congratulations!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.