Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Have You Ever Wondered What Happens With Remaining Expired Rail Tickets?

Here are collected tickets at Mount Druitt Train Station -
ready to be  recycled!
I hadn't until a Sydney Trains  Officer explained to myself that all the tickets in the exit part of the barriers are cleared at night and  environmentally placed in recycling bins, to be recycled.

Did you know that? I  now know that. 'You cannot teach an old dog tricks' - you can with me!

In fact as more Opal cards are issued there will be less of the paper tickets, how long do I think it will take for them to disappear up to 2 years. This concept is good for the environment as it is not wasting these tickets! The NSW Government should be congratulated for this!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.