On behalf of our group, I am so prod that people take interest even people I speak to as strangers and the public transport stake holders I am aware of. My belief is that what we are doing within the area, advocating for improved public transport is not recognised, is well respected by all. Local newspapers will produce 'items of interest stories' as they have done in the past. Local politicians are printing off each publish blog, filing them and assessing which one is important for them to take up and handle. Locals are getting proud that our group takes important interest to ensure Mount Druitt is recognised as an important public transport hub as part of Western Sydney growth center.
Now for the local community successes we have had in the past year:
- Monthly meetings to promote and improve public transport infrastructure, bus routes & trains services within the area.
- Invitation to the Blacktown City Council Transport Forum that creates great interest and reviewing of what is needed to cater for the future of public transport with acknowledging that there will be substance growth of population with the area.
- Local Newspaper press releases both the Mount Druitt Standard and also the St Marys Mount Druitt Star - we thank them for their wonderful support.
- Blacktown Council bus stop improvements, by providing concrete slabs on bus stops as per Disability Discrimination Act
Draft Blacktown City Council Integrated Transport Management Plan Summary - I participated & provided feedback, where Mount Druitt will be 2nd Stage major train station hub for the Northwest Link.
- Mount Druitt petitioning of a proposed Free Shuttle Bus nearly 3,000 obtained.
- Over 50,000 visits on our blogspot this year ( nearly the population of Mount Druitt), overall 111,000 visits on our blogspot