Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fellow Australian Needed Guidance With Local Public Transport

At times, we Australians do not want to help other Australians  - the feeling is why should we? Or 'They don't need help'!


And this can affect other Australians that need that little help, not  by stepping back and turning a blind eye! Yes I have been guilty of it (in the past), but of recent I seem to want to help more Australians, especially when catching/waiting for public transport!


So here I was at the Mount Druitt bus interchange on Friday and this young aboriginal man from near Lightening Ridge, I believe Goodooga, New South Wales and he was visiting his 4 month child and his wife in Westmead  Hospital. He had only been in Sydney once before and was asking how he would be able to get to (what I thought was) 'Hamilton'! what he meant was Emerton - so I told him  how to get there and that either 755 or 758.


Then he explained he was staying overnight to meet his cousin at KFC Emerton and then he  was telling that his child was anemic and having lots of blood transfusions. When I left the bus I explained to the bus driver to 'look after him' and the driver indicated he would. The young man appreciated my assistance and guidance. This is all he needed.


So the motto to the real life story is a small help in hand can lead to better new commuter and fellow Australian!
  

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.