Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bus Driver Toilet Breaks - When Do they Take Them!

I remember recently a bus driver that was taking me home was explaining that they had ' mother nature call' for a toilet break. Yet the driver just left the interchange and didn't have the urge then.

Now I completely understand that it is not relating to a commuter issue - but how can Transport For NSW and/or bus operators control  these issues on a long bus trip. This is one thing my father (a former bus driver never explained to me) - although it wasn't something that I would ask him of.


There is a toilet underneath the escalators at the Mount Druitt Interchange and I believe all drivers have access to it with a key. Should drivers have toilets on bus to cater for their comfort as well? See if creates discomfort to the driver- it can do the same to the commuter unknowingly.


I hope the bus driver made it to her next toilet break!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.