Monday, January 31, 2011

Well, Another Happy Bus Driver! And.... Very Understanding! (Number 10)

Travelling on the Westbus 764 ( for my first time), I was in a spot of bother trying to get to home as quick as possible from Mount Druitt Interchange at approximately 5.10pm. I always had a choice of 3 buses to catch to and from Mount Druitt ; Busways 755, 758 and Westbus 780. Yet what I forgot I had a another choice was the Westbus 764 (as a fourth backup).

After contemplating what bus service I wanted to use, I entered onto the Westbus 764, asked the Driver GR 7218 what time he was departing? I knew it was a limited service and the  driver said so kindly and politely that as soon as I enter the bus and sit he will leave. Well that was great service so far.  We then carried on a conversation that made us mutual short time friends - the driver advised he drives around the Windsor area and only seldom drives around the area - when advised of our group and of our 'Happy Bus Drivers Register' - he just laughed, he didn't realise what we are doing is actually true.

Then he started saying that if he makes a mistake let him know and that the initiative we have is such a good thing it inspires all people and bodies working together: commuters,bus drivers, bus operators and Transport New South Wales. He even dropped myself in the corner of Gasmatta Crescent and Luxford Roads - enabling myself to get home in time for what I wanted to do. He  will be placed in our 'Happy Bus Drivers Register!'

Click here for Happy Bus Drivers Register:
http://mountdruittcommuters.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-bus-drivers-register.html

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.