Thursday, February 9, 2012

'King' From Kingswood Is Not Dumb!

Yes,again and again, time and time again such wonderful people I meet day to day. Each person is different. Each person has something important to say. Each person has a point of view of  how to improve public transport. Each person I meet has so many words to say except if they are dumb, in speech.

And this is what happened to me - I met a person named 'King' from Kingswood who could not speak as he is dumb ( in my books definitely not stupid)! he first indicated he couldn't speak and  I, at first couldn't believe it!
Yet, as we communicated he started typing sentences on his phone.

We entered the train at Parramatta train Station and and behold, commuters were watching us; thinking we had known each other for life. He made me laugh as he explained to me he works in a supermarket bakery & he was not allowed to grow a beard or moustache. Later I asked him on his mobile in a sentence what would he like to see improved on public transport? - he responded by saying in response, he would like to see more commuters using sign language ( probably to talk to him and make conversation like I did to him).


What a great guy!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.